The University of Medical Sciences and Technology (UMST) was established in 1995 and its first intake of students was in May 1996. The University is located in El Riyadh Area (Khartoum State), Square No. 13, east of Khartoum Airport.
UMST University is recognised by:
- The Ministry of Higher Education and Research in the Sudan.
- The World Health Organization (WHO).
- The General Medical Council of the UK.
- The General Dental Council, UK.
- The Arab Association Union.
- Equivalence of UMST’s Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree in the United States.