The Takoradi Technical University, without limiting its other powers, shall;
1. Award degrees, diplomas, certificates and other qualifications as may be agreed upon by the Council of the Takoradi Technical University as established under section 4 of the Technical Universities Act, and approved by the national body responsible for accreditation.
2. Offer Higher National Diploma programmes approved, accredited, examined and certified by the national bodies responsible for Higher National Diploma programmes and awards.
3. Provide for the general welfare, recreational and social needs of staff and students of the Takoradi Technical University.
4. Exercise powers that are incidental to the achievement of the aims of the Takoradi Technical University.
5. Increase access to career focused tertiary education in general, while encouraging female enrolment in applied science and technology programmes.
6. Develop appropriate attitudes and required skills in Information Technology (IT) and entrepreneurship to equip the students with such basic skills for industry.
7. Promote industrialization through relevant research, consultancy and linkage programmes, for social and economic development in the region and the country as a whole.