The objectives of St. Paul’s University are:
- to provide directly or in collaboration with other institutions university education which leads to intellectual maturity and Christian spiritual formation of the students,
- to guide students to understand their individual needs and talents and to develop their potential for productive life and service,
- to preserve, produce, process, transmit and disseminate knowledge and stimulate the intellectual life and culturally relevant development of society,
- to conduct research and encourage the conduct of research which enhances human knowledge and promotes quality service to humanity,
- to play an effective role in the development and expansion of Christian university education in Kenya and Africa, and
- to develop in students a deeper understanding of traditional and modern Africa, and to equip them effectively to provide a Christian approach to the social, economic and political development of the African continent.