PIASS is a reference university, fostering knowledge development and innovative research that are relevant for the society and inspired by Christian ethics and values.
PIASS provides to Society and Churches well trained personnel who are inquisitive, solution oriented, committed and equipped with intellectual tools and ethical values that enable them to meet specific needs of societies that are moving to a global, modern and pluralistic world.
Faith and Science for Life
Principles and values
Action of PIASS draws on principles and values that must be respected and observed:
- Liberation: As Christian institution, the PIASS is convinced that the Gospel of Christ aims at the holistic liberation from all human alienations hic et nun. Christian churches, through the proclamation of the Gospel and the social dialogue with the world, are at the service of this ideal.
- Relevance : the PIASS believes that higher education plays a key role in construction and Development of a just, equitable and stable society through the training of responsible citizens, committed and professionally competent.
- Autonomy: the free exchange of ideas in a pluralistic society is essential to the achievement of higher education.
- Effectiveness and efficiency: the constant objectives adapted to the changing needs of the environment and the achievement of expected results at the lowest cost is essential.
- Quality: training, research and services to the community must be competitive both nationally and internationally.
- Innovation: teaching and learning process focusing on the changing needs of churches and society. The programs is continually evaluated and innovated to fully integrate ICT for quality improvement. The spirit of creativity, entrepreneurship and innovation is encouraged and motivated at all levels.
- Solidarity: PIASS works in solidarity with the community and other institutions of higher learning to achieving it mission.
- Collaboration: Working together is always the main characteristic of the institution.
- Transparency: Resources of the institution are managed in a rigorous transparency.
- Good Governance: Decentralization and other principles of good governance are adopted at all levels of the institution.