The Presbyterian University College, Ghana, is envisaged as “A University of excellence which blends modern trends that reflect Christian principles.”
The mission of the University is;
‘‘To design and implement relevant academic and Professional programmes of teaching, research and outreach for a global population within the context of Christian ethics that produce holistic human development.’’
The objectives for which the University is founded are:
- To provide for and promote University education, learning and research,
- To acquire and disseminate knowledge and information,
- To foster relationships with other institutions of higher learning, per sons and bodies.
- To produce disciplined, self-motivated individuals and leaders with moral and intellectual values in the realization of their responsibilities to God, fellow citizens and the state.
Without prejudice to the generality of its powers, the University shall be guided by the following principles in the realization of its objectives:
- that in determining the courses and programmes to be taught emphasis shall be placed on a balanced pursuit of the humanities, the basic sciences, the development, application and management of technology, which are of special relevance to the needs and aspirations of Ghanaians in particular, and others in general;
- that higher education in this University shall be available to all Ghanaians and others who are capable of benefiting from it;
- that research shall be undertaken in all courses which are taught in the University but with attention to courses which relate to the social, cultural, economic, scientific, technical and other problems which exists in Ghana or elsewhere in Africa;
- that the fruits of research and knowledge generally shall be spread abroad by the publication of books and papers and by any other suitable means;
- that students shall be taught methods of critical and independent thought, while being made aware that they have a responsibility to use their education for the service of the Church, country and humanity;
- that as far as practicable the students shall be trained to be innovative and entrepreneurial to enhance socio- economic development;
- that the University shall operationalize local, regional and global needs assessment as the basis for practical and multi-disciplinary outreach programmes in the local and regional communities;
- that the University shall inculcate in the student ethical, moral and intellectual values that manifest in courage, discipline, fair play, self motivation and respect for the dignity of an honest life.