The Olabisi OnabanjoUniversity shall be the centre of academic excellence where “knowledge skills and value will be purposed relentlessly to ensure the flowering of human abilities, service to the Nigeria nation and the world at large in the wider context of traditional wisdom and culture”.
“To provide the best educational experience for our students and the public through excellence in teaching, research and creative activities and service to the state, society and the world at large”.
Our Strategic Objectives
OOU was established to discharge a tripod of responsibilities, namely, teaching, research and community service. This responsibilities entail that the University
- Produces broadly educated men and women
- Supplies specialist man power
- Guards the flames of scholarship
- Becomes part of the leadership of the new technological revolution; and
- Produces ambassadors of a wider world.
It is against the above background that the University aspires to;
- have comprehensive strength in its undergraduates programmes;
- have postgraduate and professional programmes in a significant number of ares;
- Have academic staff of national and international distinction;
- nurture a tradition of distinguished research and scholarship;
- cultivate a high quality work environment that not only conduces to high academic attainment but also encourages the finest essence of ethical behaviours among staff and students; and
- Create a culturally diverse and inclusive University community that continuously seeks ways of generating more wealth for the University through venue generation.