To become an exemplary institution of higher learning of first choice in both academic and technical excellence and specialized research in support and advancement of frontiers of knowledge and skills.
To transmit quality knowledge, conduct research and provide community service to Uganda, the East and Central African sub region and the world at large.
Philosophy of the University.
The University Motto is « We strive for Excellence ». The pursuit of excellence is the bedrock of Kampala University’s Philosophy. It is premised on the conviction that striving for Excellence is not just a human ideal, but a timeless yard stick. It is therefore a firm and Considered belief by the Kampala University academic community, that excellent performance is not only directed to those instructed at Kampala University, but also those entrusted with the duty to instruct.
Objectives and Functions of the University
- Offer academic programmes of appropriate scope, quality and value that meet the needsof the people of Uganda, Africa, and the world at large.
- Conduct research at all levels with a view to preservation, discovery, transmission and Enhancement of knowledge.
- Provide an enabling environment for the teaching and learning process in aspects of cognitive, affective and psychomotor.
- Be a leading Centre of Excellence In the fields of Science, Technology and Management.
- Provide education that is holistic spiritually, physically, mentally, socially, ethically and culturally.
- Enable disadvantaged students gain access to Higher Education through scholarships,Bursaries and any other means adjudged relevant to increasing the pool of learned citizens in Uganda and beyond.
- Facilitate student self-appreciation of their talents and beliefs, as well as their ethical values.
- Provide knowledge and skills necessary to bridge the employability gap of graduates, thereby spurring Development through Market-driven training.
- Provide community services through robust engagement with all stakeholders Intransformative efforts to change the quality of life of Ugandans.