Established in 1917, the Christ Apostolic Church (Int.) seeks to bring salvation in Christ to all persons in the world who are perishing by preaching and teaching the gospel of Christ as in the Holy Scriptures and promoting socio-economic development. Among others, the church fulfils her social responsibilities to her members and the general public through the provision of educational and social facilities. To this end the Christ Apostolic Church international is fully committed to contribute towards the capacity building of human capacity of the society by preparing, through the integrated, specialized Christian- based academic programs of the CAUC, a community of devout, well -grounded scholars with talents and expertise that will garner national and international recognition. The Genesis of the College is an existing Bible School for training pastors for the church. The pastoral training was organized intermittently, meaning that the training facility was vacant and unused for the greater part of the year. The University project conceptualization stage was at the March, 2007 emergency General Council/Synod meeting. At the October 2007 General Council/Synod of the CACI, a resolution was passed to begin the process for tertiary degree programs using the existing facility at Kwadaso in Kumasi. On February 19, 2010, the National Accreditation Board granted the Christ Apostolic University College an approval of a 3-year Authorisation with effect from February 1, 2010, to commence and/or continue its preparation for accreditation of the Institution. After due preparations and processes, the Christ Apostolic University College (CAUC) was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board in February 15, 2011. Its application for affiliation to the University of Cape Coast was approved in July 2010. CAUC started academic work in September, 2011. The first batch of students reported for lectures in October, 2011.
A SHIFT FROM EXCELLENCE TO EFFECTIVENESS
- It is the difference between teaching and training. While teaching is about presenting new information, training is about helping people use new information to accomplish something different.
- It is moving from studying what will work to actually practicing, risking and developing one’s skills on the front lines
- It’s painting the picture of what one really, really wants (the vision) and then building the bridge to connect the two sides
- The CAUC exists to equip students to face the world rather than to write dissertations and theses
- CAUC thus exists to empower students
- At CAUC we place high value on: Accessible college programs and facilities
- Student academic achievement and personal spiritual development
- Individual relationships with students
- Commitment to community service and leadership
- Excellence in instruction Continuing professional development
- Lifelong learning Recognition of outstanding achievement Effective communication
- The pursuit of personal holiness