AlMughtaribeen University (formally shorted to MU) or Expatriate University(Arabic:جامعة المغتربين) is a private university located in Khartoum, Sudan. It was founded by Sudanese expatriates.
At the outset, the idea of establishing MU was initiated by a group of expatriates in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and it was adopted by the 4th Expatriates Conference in 2000 – under the auspices of the Sudanese Expats Organization. The National Voluntary Organization for Supporting Higher Education in Sudan – situated in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia– which consists of a group of Sudanese experts and university professors – prepared a complete study aiming at the establishment of the non-profit company to start a university. The President of Sudan Marshal Omer Al-Bashir during the 5th Expatriates Conference in 2005 gave his consent and approval of the project as it meets the demands of the large sector of the Sudanese expats.
A modified credit-hour-system and the academic semester system.
- 4 years at colleges of Languages and Management.
- 5 years at colleges of Medicine and Engineering.
1. College of Administrative sciences: in the majors:
- Bachelor of Business administration.
- Bachelor of Accounting.
- Bachelor of Banking & Finance.
- Bachelor of Marketing.
- Bachelor of Office management.
2. College of Engineering: B.Sc. (Honors) in the majors:
- B.Sc. in Telecommunications engineering.
- B.Sc. in Electronics engineering (Industrial Electronics).
- B.Sc. in Electrical engineering (Control systems + Power systems).
- B.Sc. in Civil engineering.
- B.Sc. in Biomedical engineering.
- B.Sc. in Architecture.
3. College of Languages B.A. in the majors:
- B.A. in English language.
- B.A. in Arabic language.
4. College of Medicine:
- MB BS in Medicine.